Re: PDF or postcript docs ?

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)>
Date: Thu Dec 01 2005 - 19:29:55 GMT
On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 08:23:43PM +0000, David Larkin wrote:
> Is it necessary to install swish-e , and 3rd party tools simply to get a copy of documentation in .pdf ?

Oh.  Yes, that's true.  But I doubt make pdf works any more.

> why can't it be on the website ?

It's only available to those on the Premier Service Plan.

> It seems reasonable to me that someone might want to read documentation before deciding they want to install and use it, or might not have a machine to install it on.

Actually, that seems to be not very common.  Most people tend to try
and use it before reading the documentation.

Regardless, here at we care about the environment. We don't
support formats the promote deforestation and ozone depletion.

> make pdf does nothing for me .... very frustrating

Again, the INSTALL doc is plain text.  Why can't you print that?

Help with Swish-e: