Re: PDF or postcript docs ?

From: David Larkin <david.larkin(at)not-real.djl.co.uk>
Date: Thu Dec 01 2005 - 18:55:31 GMT

> > Do I really need to install lots of 3rd party tools ?
>
> Yes, unless they are already installed.  Most are very easy to install
> on most platforms.  Just keep reminding yourself swish-e is just a
> tool, not a complete search "solution."

I realise that 3rd party tools are required for filters etc.

I meant , is it necessary in order to get a copy of the documentation ?

Is it necessary to install swish-e , and 3rd party tools simply to get a copy of documentation in .pdf ?

why can't it be on the website ?

It seems reasonable to me that someone might want to read documentation before deciding they want to install and use it, or might not have a machine to install it on.

make pdf does nothing for me .... very frustrating