Re: swish-e and bibtex

From: Bas van Gils <basvg(at)not-real.cs.ru.nl>
Date: Thu Dec 01 2005 - 16:33:00 GMT
On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 09:22:00AM -0600, Peter Karman wrote:
> I would take the content of my PDF and the content of the related .bib
> file and create a virtual XML (or HTML) file for handing to swish-e -S
> prog .
>
> e.g.:
>
> <bibdoc>
>  <bibinfo>
>   <tag>content</tag>
>   <tagN>contentN</tag>
>  </bibinfo>
>  <doc>
>   [output of pdftotext here]
>  </doc>
> </bibdoc>

What do you mean with 'virtual XML file' ? Perhaps the word 'virtual' puts me
on the wrong track here. Do you mean: simply create a shellscript that
generates an XML file as explained above and then index this xml file?

> Then you could configure each of your bibtex fields as metanames and
> properties and search/retrieve bibtex info by specific field.

Right, that should be easy. Probably something like:

  swish-e -w "author=Einstein" "year=2005"

Hmmm, thanks for your suggestion.

Bas

--
<Bas.vanGils(at)not-real.cs.ru.nl> - GPG Key ID: 2768A493  -  http://www.cs.ru.nl/~basvg
Radboud University Nijmegen Institute for Computing and Information Sciences