Draft of OpenDocument filter

From: Lars D. Noodén <lars(at)not-real.umich.edu>
Date: Wed Nov 16 2005 - 07:52:01 GMT
I have made a draft of a Swish-e filter for OpenDocument format:

 	http://www-personal.umich.edu/~lars/Swish-e/ODF2xml.pm

Don't laugh or cry at the coding.  It does the all-important function:
looking like it works -- mostly.

I've run it through swish-filter-test, but when actually using it there
are some XML parsing errors which I cannot account for: stuff about
embedded nulls, junk, not well-formed.

They do not show in the test:
 	swish-filter-test -verbose ./foo.odt 2>&1
But the file's contents do seem to get indexed anyway.

Also, there is a problem with Filter.pm not knowing what to do with the
file so I've made a temp. kludge with the line:
 	$mimetype = 'text/xml';

Any comments on those?

Also, how do I get the filter to create or earmark a value for
'swishtitle' or other fields?

-Lars
Lars Nooden (lars@umich.edu)
 	On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog ...
 	... until you start barking.