Once again filename encoding problems - Macos-X Tiger

From: Thomas Nyman <thomas(at)not-real.teg.pp.se>
Date: Mon Nov 14 2005 - 09:34:37 GMT
Hi

I'm back again. I have earlier posted about a problem where my
filenames do not show proper encoding.

For instance the file AKTIEÄGARAVTAL.doc  doesnt dispplay properly
in the browser. It says AKTIEAÌ^GARAVTAL.doc , howvere when i move
the cursor over the filename it shows the pathy with the correct
disppay.

/swish.cgi | head    give the following result

     <head>
        <title>
           Dokument Arkiv Legolas
        </title>
     </head>

the browser default encoding is UTF-8

my terminal can display the characters correctly.
It only in the webbrowser when doing a swish-e search som they
display improperly.

If i use the webbrowser to acces a file area in the webserver root it
displays the umlaut characters properly.

It seems the problem is coupled with the swish.cgi script and the
encoding it returns. WHen i run debug from the command line i can see
that the filename comes out wrong.

Unfortunately I am not a very skilled perl guy and I'm having great
problems getting around this. Catdoc and swish-e works fine with
umlauts .. its only filenames that has this problem.

I'm hoping someone else has had this issue also..or att least can
give debug pointers on the topic.