Re: No results using DoubleMetaphone searching 'schl'

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Nov 08 2005 - 17:59:34 GMT
On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 02:13:10AM -0800, Andreas Völter wrote:
> Searching for words beginning with 'sch' followed by a consonant
> gives 0 results when using the fuzzy-mode DoubleMetaphone.
> Examples are common german words like 'Schmitt' or 'Schloss'.
> Their a no problems if we index and search with FuzzyMode
> None, Soundex or Metaphone or if we search for words like
> 'Schutz' or 'schade'.

It's that query parser again.

I can't see to get cvs to work on SourceForge right now, but:

in swish_words.c it should look like:

    324                 /* yuck! */
    325                 swish_words = (struct swline *) addswline( swish_words, "(" );
    326                 swish_words = (struct swline *) addswline( swish_words, fw->string_list[0] )
    327                 swish_words = (struct swline *) addswline( swish_words, OR_WORD );
    328                 swish_words = (struct swline *) addswline( swish_words, fw->string_list[1] )
    329                 swish_words = (struct swline *) addswline( swish_words, ")" );

Change line 327 from

 swish_words = (struct swline *) addswline( swish_words, "or" );

to:

 swish_words = (struct swline *) addswline( swish_words, OR_WORD );

as shown above.

Hum:

$ cvs diff
cvs [diff aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)