No results using DoubleMetaphone searching 'schl'

From: Andreas Völter <Andreas.Voelter(at)not-real.ubka.uni-karlsruhe.de>
Date: Tue Nov 08 2005 - 10:19:37 GMT
Searching for words beginning with 'sch' followed by a consonant
gives 0 results when using the fuzzy-mode DoubleMetaphone.
Examples are common german words like 'Schmitt' or 'Schloss'.
Their a no problems if we index and search with FuzzyMode
None, Soundex or Metaphone or if we search for words like
'Schutz' or 'schade'.

Here is a small script to test this behaviour:

echo '<text>mehr schlecht als recht</text>' >test.xml
echo 'IndexContents XML2 .xml
FuzzyIndexingMode DoubleMetaphone
' > test.conf

swish-e -c test.conf -S fs -i test.xml
swish-e -T INDEX_WORDS_FULL
swish-e -H 2 -w schlecht

And the (abbreviated) output:

..
1 file indexed.  37 total bytes.  5 total words.
Elapsed time: 00:00:00 CPU time: 00:00:00
Indexing done!

-----> WORD INFO in index index.swish-e <-----
ALS
 Meta:1 test.xml Freq:1 Pos/Struct:5/1
MR
 Meta:1 test.xml Freq:1 Pos/Struct:3/1
RKT
 Meta:1 test.xml Freq:1 Pos/Struct:6/1
SLKT
 Meta:1 test.xml Freq:1 Pos/Struct:4/1
XLKT
 Meta:1 test.xml Freq:1 Pos/Struct:4/1

# SWISH format: 2.5.4
..
# Stemming Applied: 1
# Soundex Applied: 0
# Fuzzy Mode: DoubleMetaphone
# IgnoreTotalWordCountWhenRanking: 1
# Search words: schlecht
# Parsed Words: ( XLKT or SLKT )
# Removed stopwords:

err: no results

Is this a bug in swish-e or DoubleMetaphone?

Thanks, Andreas