Future: Collation of Meta Tags?

From: William M Conlon <bill(at)not-real.tothept.com>
Date: Sat Nov 05 2005 - 23:53:53 GMT
Here's a possible wish list item that I don't yet see on the list of
future enhancements:  Collation (ordering) of meta tags so one could
limit a search by

metaname < quantity

in addition to string comparison (metaname = word)

For example, dates stored as metatags (yyyymmdd):

swish-e -w "date < 17760704"

Another is a collection I have where individual documents have access
attributes (say ordered 0,1,2,...), where higher means more access.
I  spider into a common index, with each @url entry starting at a
page that lists all documents (to which  swishe has access),
recording the access level in the access metatag.  Although access to
the document itself is separately restricted by an application, I
want to avoid information leakage in the description property, so:

swish-e -w "access = (0 or 1 or 2)"  for someone with access level 2

But with a collation order, I could also use swish-e -w "access <
$user_access_level"

Admittedly this is much less compelling than date sequences.

Bill