RE: swish.cgi, access denied

From: David Hane <dhane(at)>
Date: Thu Nov 03 2005 - 22:40:22 GMT

They are referring to your apache httpd.conf file. you need to allow
symlinks in your cgi-bin. An exemple from a standard apache install
would read like this:

<Directory "/usr/local/apache/cgi-bin">
       Options +ExecCGI FollowSymLinks
       CGICommandArgs Off
       Order allow,deny
       Allow from all

The "FollowSymLinks" is probably your problem, you need it. You'll have
to restart your web server after you make the necessary edits.