Re: Installation

From: Roman Chyla <chyla(at)>
Date: Mon Sep 19 2005 - 07:12:16 GMT
I am sorry that I can not help, the time preasure (and my limited
knowledge), but my preferred way was to download
that is a great help from Peter Karman, I do not know your specific
needs, but please try it

you will need shell access, or you must build swish-e somewhere locally
(with --static) and move it your webserver (the architecture must be the
same though - and the operating system family too, I believe, I
successfully done that with Linux(es) - and I guess that the paths must
be the same - on build as well as on the target system - but this can be
probably tweaked ?)

but generally, download, swish-e and libxml, zlib ...
/ --help
then issue command
--libxml=/var/home/knihovnik/tmp/libxml2-2.6.10.tar.gz --noxpdf --static

I think there is no option to disable building of perl modules, you must
specify writable dir

sorry if that looks too scary, it is not (for beginners it is a real
pain to build swish-e on system that lacks some libraries, but will do it (most of the time) for you)