Re: Mailman pipermail archive HOWTO

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Sep 07 2005 - 20:48:19 GMT
On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 01:42:52PM -0700, Fletcher Cocquyt wrote:
> And how do you generate the hypermail archive from the mailman pipermail
> archives?

By using hypermail.  We don't currently use mailmain on this list.

If you have pipermail archives then maybe you might have to modify the
index_hypermail.pl script to deal with how pipermail formats the
messages.

Or if you have raw messages then maybe write a new script that parses
the mail messages -- there's a ton of perl modules on CPAN that will
help with that.

> The pipermail archive is divided into Year-Month.txt files

You mean an entire month is in one file?