Re: Defining Custom Properties

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)>
Date: Mon Sep 05 2005 - 14:58:58 GMT
On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 07:47:23AM -0700, andy rosbrook wrote:
> Hi all
> I was wondering weather it is possible to define your own property and then
> retrive this through the SWISH API?

The swish API if for searching an existing index.  Not creating an
index where you define a property.

> I would like to define a 'category' property for a specifiec index and then
> retrive the value of this through the API.

In perl you do:

    $prop = $result->Property('category');

> I've checked out defining custom meta tags but my problem slightly differs,
> the property will not appear in the indexed document, i would like to set it
> in the config itself, something like this:
> MetaNames Category "books"

Oh, so you want it index-wide?  So every call to

returns "books"?

No, there's nothing to do that.  There's a few index headers that you
can set (IndexAdmin, IndexName, IndexDescription, IndexPointer),

Otherwise, you would need to set the value on every input file.

Help with Swish-e: