Defining Custom Properties

From: andy rosbrook <andy_rosbrook(at)not-real.hotmail.com>
Date: Mon Sep 05 2005 - 14:53:25 GMT
Hi all

I was wondering weather it is possible to define your own property and then
retrive this through the SWISH API?

I would like to define a 'category' property for a specifiec index and then
retrive the value of this through the API.

I've checked out defining custom meta tags but my problem slightly differs,
the property will not appear in the indexed document, i would like to set it
in the config itself, something like this:

MetaNames Category "books"

So the resulting category value for metaname Category would be 'books'. Is
this possible?

thanks
andy :)!

http://toolbar.msn.co.uk/