ANNOUNCE: Sman 0.98 Released (indexer for man pages)

From: Josh Rabinowitz <joshr-swishe(at)>
Date: Tue Aug 30 2005 - 21:43:40 GMT
Hello Everyone:

I've just released Sman version 0.98! This is a bug fix over the
previous version.

Sman is a replacement for 'man -k' and 'apropos' based on Swish-e
and Perl. Sman indexes the complete text of your system's man pages
and runs on all tested UNIX-like OS's, including OS X, Linux,
FreeBSD, Solaris, and others.

Sman 0.98 is now on CPAN at
and on freshmeat at
as well as on my website at

Sman can also be installed through CPAN by typing:
    % sudo cpan Sman

Changes since version 0.97:

0.98   Tue Aug 30 2005
         bugfix: added Sman/ to MANIFEST (thanks to testers!)
         added t/34_SmanIndexVersion.t to test Sman::IndexVersion
         TODO modified

Please let me know if you have any comments or discover any bugs!
Again, links for Sman are above!