Re: problems with highlighting and output

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Aug 30 2005 - 19:49:03 GMT
On Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 11:55:20AM +0200, psydok@sulb.uni-saarland.de wrote:
> with this mail i send you my config-files for indexing (common.config and
> psydok.config, both located in our local path
> /export/home/www_edv/swish-e/config/), my config for swish.cgi
> (.psydokcgi.conf, located in /usr/local/lib/swish-e), swish.cgi (also
> located in /usr/local/lib/swish-e) and a test document. I am sorry but I
> have absolutely no example output since there's not much happening - apart
> from the highlighting that does not work.

Sorry, I can't help with what you have sent.  It's too complex and I
don't have the time to figure out your specific problem.

I did index your pdf file using your config file and if I display the
swishdescription it's very short:

moseley@bumby:~/swtest$ swish-e -w "Zuckermann, M., Miyake" -p swishdescription -H0
1000 markus_becker.pdf "Gesichtsform und Attraktivität // Diplomarbeit im Fach Psychologie an der Universität des Saarlandes" 1644386 "Gesichtsform und Attraktivität // Diplomarbeit im Fach Psychologie an der Universität des Saarlandes"

That's all that swish has to display -- so that's why that's all you
are seeing.

Clearly, you are not indexing something as you think.  You need to
break your problem down into something much smaller and work backwards
until you figure out your problem.

In the future, when I ask for examples I need something that I can
easily test on my machine -- your files included paths to files on your
machine and config options that are not related to the problem.
Again, I'm quite sure if you went through the exercise of making a
small example showing the problem you would likely find the problem.