Re: problems with highlighting and output

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Thu Aug 25 2005 - 11:53:20 GMT
psydok@sulb.uni-saarland.de scribbled on 8/25/05 5:22 AM:

> first:  even though we enabled highlighting in our config-file, it does not
> work. It is especially confusing as our logfiles don't show any error.
> second: the output shown (swishdescription) consists of the first words and
> lines of the indexed files but not of the context where the search terms
> were found.
>
> I think these problems are linked. Any hints?

If the search terms were not found in swishdescription, then there is nothing to
be highlighted, and only the first N characters are shown in the output. So yes,
it does sound related.

You might try increasing the size of your StoreDescription config param. Swish-e
is probably just not storing enough in the .prop file in order to show you the
contextual match.