Re: Indexing according to a metatag value?

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Wed Aug 24 2005 - 14:19:59 GMT
François Tissandier scribbled on 8/24/05 9:01 AM:

>>if you're using the spider.pl, you could probably do a callback to test for
>
> the presence of your meta tag and skip any docs that don't match the
> language you're looking for.
>
> And if I don't knnow how to write in perl, any solution? I would prefer to
> avoid it if possible, but if it's the only solution, why not then...

flattery and promises of free beer might convince someone on the list to offer
up a ready-made patch. :)

otherwise, Perl isn't too hard to hack at. Read the spider.pl perldoc and pay
special attention to the filter_content callback function. That's where I'd start.

Of course, Bill's hopped up on coffee right now and might give you the code off
the top of his head... ;)