Re: using DC.Date.modified for swishlastmodified property

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Thu Jul 21 2005 - 03:37:19 GMT
Peter Farmer scribbled on 7/20/05 9:35 PM:

Yes. see http://swish-e.org/archive/2002-08/4374.html

> Is there a recommended way to extend swish-e cleanly to do the
> conversion or do I have to modify core swish-e code to enable detection
> of W3C-DTF date metadata  and convert it to unix epoch format ?
> Or would it be better idea to extend the spider to preconvert the
> DC.Date.modified values before passing to swish-e ?

the last: pass in the epoch value via spider.

> If I do need to modify swish-e, is it this facility something that
> would be able to be folded back in to the main code base, rather that
> me having to maintain a forked version ?

You don't need to modify swish-e. Just pass in epoch seconds. You can get it
back in other formats (see SWISH-RUN and look for 'epoch' and the -x option); if
using the Perl SWISH::API, there are lots of ways of manipulating date stamps
(localtime() for one).