Timestamp searching

From: Xavier Grangier <grangier(at)not-real.gmail.com>
Date: Wed Jul 13 2005 - 13:55:52 GMT
Hello All,

I'm new to this list, but I'm using swish-e search engine for quite a
long time now :)
Working on a new version of our application we were interesed in using
swish-e date_range feature.

First of all, it took me quite a while to figure out that the Date::Calc
wasn't installed :p Once installed the date_range form appear :)

I understood that in order to search within a date_range with the
command line I have to run something like:
/swish-e -f myindex.index -w cdi -L timestamp 1120485071 `date +%s`
works find.

Then I tired to do the same query using the swish.cgi. It seems that the
timestamp are being build by the DateRanges.pm from the next args :

dr_o=2
dr_s_mon=7
dr_s_day=13
dr_s_year=2005
dr_e_mon=7
dr_e_day=13
dr_e_year=2005

My question is: Is there a way to by pass this and use timestamp instead ?

At the moment I hacked the DateRanges.pm modules and specially the
ParseDate function to accept POST or GET arguments stime and etime as
start and end timestamp.

Is this hack necessary or is it the onlyway to do that ?

Thanks for support

Xav