"Lightning Search"

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Tue Jul 12 2005 - 01:24:33 GMT
Hi all, I've been fiddling with some client-side stuff tonight.  Just
whipped together a fun little Swish-e search front-end.  It should work
with any browser that supports Javascript, DOM, and XML.  (e.g. Firefox,
IE, Safari, Opera, Konquerer, etc.)  The Javascript portion uses the
Sarissa XMLHTTP API (sarissa.sf.net).  I'd be curious to know if it
doesn't work on a particular (recent) browser since I only have Firefox.

"Lightning Search" of the Swish-e 2.4.0 documentation:
  http://webaugur.com/search/

The backend is a simple PHP script that sanitizes the query and outputs
results as XML using Swish-e's -x option:
  http://webaugur.com/search/swish-e.php?w=(perl%20and%20spider)

You can see the source here:
  http://webaugur.com/search/swish-e.phps

--