SWISH::HiLiter feature request

From: Michael Peters <mpeters(at)not-real.plusthree.com>
Date: Wed Jul 06 2005 - 14:51:18 GMT
First off, let me thank Peter for implementing this and just saving me
from doing myself. I do however have one need that is not addressed:

I would like to be able to specify the starting and ending strings used
to wrap highlight phrases. Specifically so that my designers can just
use a 'class' attribute and then control the color/appearance through
style sheets. If no strings are provided then it can just default back
to using 'colors', or even have 'colors' override what's in
'start_text'/'stop_text'. Either way would be fine for me.

Something like this:

my $hiliter = SWISH::HiLiter->new(
  start_text => '<div class="hilited">',
  stop_text  => '</div>'