I want to contrbute my problem of swish

From: Munga Lal Shaw <munga(at)not-real.neolinuxsolutions.com>
Date: Sat Jun 25 2005 - 14:49:14 GMT
Hi All,

I had compile swish-e with libxml2 on windows XP using MinGW. It was successfully compile with some modification and I also remove the perl
support form the source. After installing the swish-e, I found it was not parsing the MS Office files like doc xls ppt etc using HTML2 parser. Then after i used swish-e with catdoc modual but it generate error during indexing here i am giving the error

$ swish-e -c swish.conf -v 11
Parsing config file 'swish.conf'
Indexing Data Source: "File-System"
Indexing "e:/docs/"

Checking dir "e:/docs"...
  1.docThe filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
 - Using DEFAULT (HTML2) parser -  (no words indexed)
  application.docThe filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorre                 ct.
 - Using DEFAULT (HTML2) parser -  (no words indexed)
  Document.docThe filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
 - Using DEFAULT (HTML2) parser -  (no words indexed)
  M.docThe filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
 - Using DEFAULT (HTML2) parser -  (no words indexed)
  qualifications.docThe filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is inco                 rrect.
 - Using DEFAULT (HTML2) parser -  (no words indexed)
  winhttp.dll - Using DEFAULT (HTML2) parser -  (89 words)

Removing very common words...
no words removed.
Writing main index...
Sorting words ...
*And the Conf File is*

IndexDir e:/docs/
FileFilter .doc       /e:/catdoc "-s8859-1 -d8859-1 '%p'"

*And the Swish version is 2.4.3.
*
But when i remove the perl folder form /usr/local/lib/swish-e/perl in Linux. It no matter for swish-e. It worked fine. it parses all Ms Office document. But It not work On windows. Can you help me that how can I parse or index MS Office document on windows using swish-e. Any help will be appreciable

Munga.
--
Munga Lal Shaw  <munga@neolinuxsolutions.com>
Systems Programer, NeoLinux Solutions.