RE: catdoc.exe causes application errors in log - windows 2003 -

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Thu Jun 23 2005 - 21:50:17 GMT
On Thu, 2005-06-23 at 07:55 -0700, Revillini, James wrote:
> > I don't think Microsoft has been that forthcoming in providing
> > specifications for their MS Word internal format.
>
> The hell you say?

Actually, I read a little about that after the Abiword folks complained
about the lack of Word specs.  A Word for Mac developer (Rick Schaut) at
Microsoft clarified the problem for them in his blog.  There are no
specifications for recent Office formats.  Anywhere.  The Office 97
specs (that they retracted?) were the closest thing to a spec they've
ever written.

This comment and the previous:
http://blogs.msdn.com/rick_schaut/archive/2005/03/13/394808.aspx#394918

--