Re: swish-e 2.4.3 windows 2003 iis success!

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Jun 22 2005 - 18:44:57 GMT
On Wed, Jun 22, 2005 at 02:15:13PM -0400, Revillini, James wrote:
> 1048 Warning - //fileservername/folder/path/to/files/some-document.doc:
> Use of uninitialized value in waitpid at
> e:\swish-e\lib\swish-e\perl/SWISH/Filter.pm line 1375.

    waitpid $self->{pid}, 0 if delete $self->{pid};

I have to quit smoking so much crack.  Try something more like:

    if ( $self->{pid} ) {
        waitpid $self->{pid}, 0;
        delete $self->{pid};
    }

> I'm getting a bunch of these:
>
> Failed to set content type for document
> '//fileservername/folder/path/to/files/some-document.doc'

Try installing the MIME::Types perl module.  That's what maps file
extensions to mime types.

> And right before it bombs I get about 1 page of these:
>
> Can't  opendir(//fileservername/folder/path/to/a/folder): Invalid
> argument
>  at dirtree.pl line 88

Not sure if up to date, but:

    http://www.unix.org.ua/orelly/perl/learn32/ch12_05.htm

     In the current version of Perl for Win32, and the current version of
     the standard distribution, opendir fails on UNC paths. You can
     work around this by mapping a drive to the UNC share before using
     directory handles, and then using the drive letter as the path
     instead of the UNC path. You can do this with the
     Win32::NetResource module extension (see the AddConnection
     function) or with the Windows NT net use command. For more
     information on modules and the Win32 extensions, see Appendix B,
     Libraries and Modules.