Re: An idea for calculating ranking

From: koszalekopalek <koszalekopalek(at)not-real.interia.pl>
Date: Thu Jun 09 2005 - 22:06:17 GMT
Peter Karman wrote:

> click <a href="foo.html">here</a> to see the magic stuff.
>
> :)

This is does not discourage me :-)

> Bill and I went 'round and 'round about this last year. As you
> discovered, the quickest way to tick off swish-e developers is to start
> comparing swish-e to google.

Ok, shoot me. I did it again. I googled for >>here<<.

This is what the big guy says:

1) Adobe Reader - Download
2) Macromedia Flash Player Download Center
3) Rhapsody & RealPlayer  the best audio and video players  Real.com
4) Apple - QuickTime - Download
5) MapQuest.Com Maps, Directions and More
6) Netscape Browser

And look at the excerpt for 6: Click Here to Download the Free
Netscape 8.0  :-)

This only proves that they do something similar to what I
proposed. Adobe ranks first because there is a gazillion of
links out there that say click >>here<< to download Adobe.

The other thing is how much data you need to make accurate
guesses. Maybe what works for billions of pages will not
work for a tiny index...

A.

Znajdz swoja milosc na wiosne... >>> http://link.interia.pl/f187a