Re: Tuning ranking manually with MetaNamesRank

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Wed Jun 08 2005 - 18:34:46 GMT
if you're doing more testing, I'd suggest this:

1. set DEBUG_RANK as Bill suggests. As of 2.4.3, that's in rank.h

2. adjust the default bias range from 10 up to 100 (I think 10 was a random
number to start with). You can set it in swish.h.

since you've read the FAQ, you'll know that this feature is highly experimental.
I would try it with both RankSchemes as well, to see if that makes a difference.
The bias is a bit of hack, since it just artificially increases the frequency of
the word(s), and frequency has more/less effect depending on which RankScheme
you use.

koszalekopalek scribbled on 6/8/05 1:25 PM: