Tuning ranking manually with MetaNamesRank

From: koszalekopalek <koszalekopalek(at)>
Date: Wed Jun 08 2005 - 13:48:11 GMT
I want to assign some keywords to manually selected urls. For example,
I want a search for 'foo' to return first.

(BTW, Google does the same thing in their search appliance -- you
can see a flash demo at
Click "install, configure and administer" link and go to slide 11 - it
shows how you can assign search terms to URLs)

This is what I did:

1) Inserted <META NAME="swishranking" CONTENT="foo foo foo "> to

2) Added MetaNames to swish configuration file:

MetaNames swishranking
MetaNamesRank 10 swishranking

UndefinedMetaTags ignore

3) Re-indexed everything.
However, it looks as if nothing has changed in the ranking. I search the
results with a CGI /Perl API:

    $handle = SWISH::API->new ($db);

    $query = $handle->New_Search_Object;
    $query->SetSort ('swishserver desc swishrank');
    $results = $query->Execute($formWords);

Did I misunderstand something or there is a bug? (MetaNamesRank keyword
is mentioned as experimental in the doc).  Is there any other way to
tweak ranking?

Znajdz swoja milosc na wiosne... >>>