Re: Segfault while merging indexes: Failed to uncompress Property. zlib uncompress returned: -3

From: Axel Beckert - ecos gmbh <beckert(at)not-real.ecos.de>
Date: Mon Jun 06 2005 - 14:38:54 GMT
Hi!

Am Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 07:23:14AM -0700, Bill Moseley schrieb:
> > Processing words in index '/var/syscfg/swish/swish-e.kb.index.tmp':      0 words
> > Warning: Failed to uncompress Property. zlib uncompress returned: -3.  uncompressed size: 18 buf_len: -1073750304
>
> I'll try and take a look later today.

Thanks.

> What version of swish?

I thought, I mentioned it somewhere in the mail: It's a 2.4.2 which
worked fine since a time when it was an update to date version. :-)

> Could you try this with a current snapshot from the swish-daily page
> just to make sure this hasn't already been addressed?

Maybe, but probably not today. I resolved the problem temporarily by
rebuilding the whole index from scratch, which interestingly
worked. (But some data surely has changed since the error occurred.)

I saved the broken index files, so I can test it on them. (I hope. :-)

            Kind regards, Axel Beckert
Axel Beckert      ecos electronic communication services gmbh
it security solutions * web applications with apache and perl

Mail:       Tulpenstrasse 5       D-55276 Dienheim near Mainz
E-Mail:     beckert@ecos.de       Voice:     +49 6133 939-220
WWW:        http://www.ecos.de/   Fax:       +49 6133 939-333