Re: Searching for empty string

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Jun 03 2005 - 13:41:34 GMT
On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 03:15:41AM -0700, CheHax wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I am still working on my search engine (it is working pretty smoothly
> now and should be open in beta) and I was wondering if there is a way
> to search for an empty metatag.

No.  Swish has a reverse index -- just like in the back of a book.
You can't ask from that kid of index which pages do not have some
word.

That said, you might be able to make the meta a PropertyName, then
search for all records ("not akfjsoieeiwo")  sorted by that property
and then read records while that property is blank.