Re: I18n with strcoll()

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Jun 01 2005 - 19:45:12 GMT
On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 09:32:48PM +0200, Andreas Seltenreich wrote:
> Hmm, wouldn't
>
>    addMetaEntry( parse_data->header, tag, META_INDEX | META_USE_STRCOLL, 0);
>
> enable strcoll sorting for the properties stored under those
> metanames? Looks like I still don't really understand swish-e's
> innards...

Properties and MetaNames are two different things, but they share the
same structure (a MetaEntry).  And often the term "metaname" is used
for both. That's because swish started out with just
metanames and later (I think) properties were added and made use of
the same structures and code used for metanames.

They either have the META_INDEX bit set or META_PROP bit set, not
both.

moseley@bumby:~$ cat c
MetaNames foo
PropertyNames foo
moseley@bumby:~$ swish-e -c c -i c -v0 && swish-e -T index_metanames | grep foo
                 foo : id=10 type= 1  META_INDEX  Rank Bias=  0
                 foo : id=11 type=70  META_PROP:STRING(case:ignore) SortKeyLen: 100  *presorted*

Those are two different entries in the meta table -- ids 10 and 11.
Only properties have sorting associated with them.  AUTO metanames are
META_INDEX, not META_PROP.