Re: swish-e 2.4 | 2.5 under Windows

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Wed Jun 01 2005 - 17:04:31 GMT
On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 08:40 -0700, Roman Chyla wrote:
> this time it's me who is havig great frustration. I can not make swish-e
> 2.4.3 (and 2.5.3) work under Windows 98 with swish.cgi
>
> I traced the problem down to windows_fork() (swish.cgi around line 1500)

That is not surprising.  Reliably emulating fork() on Windows has been
difficult.  Running a program on Windows isn't too much trouble but
piping the output back to the "parent" program seems to be unreliable.
Maybe someone more familiar with Perl on Windows will have an answer.

Can you use SWISH::API?  That should eliminate all fork() problems.  It
should be as simple as uncommenting use_library=>1 in swish.cgi.

Also, I uploaded a test build of Swish-e 2.5.4 for Windows which
includes SWISH::API.
  http://webaugur.com/wares/files/swish-e/swish-e-2.5.4-2005-06-01.exe

--
 David Norris