segmentation fault with version 2.5.4 and --enable-incremental

From: Uwe Dierolf <swishe(at)not-real.ubka.uni-karlsruhe.de>
Date: Mon May 30 2005 - 12:38:42 GMT
Dear swish-e maintainers,

we've installed the latest swish-e source package
swish-e-2.5.4-2005-05-30.tar.gz from Mon, 30 May 2005 08:59:24

Without --enable-incremental all worked as before with our
stable release 2.4.3.

But we have problems to generate an index with --enable-incremental.
Normally we are generating our index based on one file
containing all XML data records plus header information like:
   Path-Name: 1621
   Document-Type: XML*

   <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

For indexing we call swish-e with "-S prog -i stdin".
But we always got a segmentation fault when writing words.
   Removing very common words...
   no words removed.
   Writing main index...
   Sorting words ...
   Sorting 85,815 words alphabetically
   Writing header ...
   Writing index entries ...
     Writing word text: ...Segmentation fault

When we save every XML record into a single file all worked fine.

Perhaps you can help us.
You will find all our files (data + conf) on our web server
-> http://www.ubka.uni-karlsruhe.de/swish-e/

One more question concerns the extension of Andreas Seltenreich
concerning german umlauts. The new swish-e version 2.5.4 did not
take care on our locale settings.
Do we have to enable strcoll usage via swish-e.conf?

It would be very helpful if new features could be found in some
sort of release notes or if the documentation would mention them
as "unstable".

Thanks a lot in advance for you help.

Best wishes, Uwe Dierolf

Uwe Dierolf
University of Karlsruhe - University Library
P.O.Box 6920, 76049 Karlsruhe, Germany
phone(fax) : 49/721/608-6076(4886)
www        : http://www.ubka.uni-karlsruhe.de/dierolf/