Re: Displaying Word Documents(.doc) metanames using

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Mon May 23 2005 - 14:33:37 GMT
On Mon, May 23, 2005 at 02:38:59AM -0700, Jono Tan wrote:

> I have very little experience with writing perl scripts, how should i go
> about this?

It's not much of a Perl issue.  It's more getting wvWare to generate
the data you want.  wvSummary will show the meta data, but I don't
see how to get wvWare to include that in its output.

If you can get that in wvWare's ouptput then you can use wvWare
directly in a FileFilter command.

There is a filter called SWISH::Filters::Doc2html that uses wvWare.
I'm not sure if it is available in the current version, but it's here:

  http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/swishe/swish-e/filters/SWISH/Filters/Doc2html.pm?rev=1.3&view=auto

This would take more programming, but one could read the ouput into a
memory (using HTML::Parser) and then add into the tree data from
wvSummary's output as <meta> headers.