Re: Suggestion for small correction in swish-e

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Fri May 13 2005 - 16:58:55 GMT
On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 07:27 -0700, krasnal wrote:
> Cygwinusrlocallibswish-espider.pl: not found

> Why is swish-e using backslashes and gives the path in windows "format" to
> spider.pl (as you can see in the next line this leads to problems)?

Swish-e is ported to Windows and not Cygwin.  The reason we convert / to
\ is because the Windows shell (cmd.exe or command.com) doesn't
understand anything else.  Cygwin is probably using a UNIX shell.

> I think I know how to deal with it but It would be nice to have it working
> correctly in the future.

Cygwin may be defining _WIN32 when it is emulating a UNIX environment.
If you can disable the _WIN32 definition then Swish-e should work fine.
If you cannot disable the _WIN32 definition then the #ifdef _WIN32 lines
in Swish-e may need to be changed to something like:
  #if defined(_WIN32) && !defined(__CYGWIN__)

If that works then I can probably make the change before 2.4.4.  It will
be a while before I can test it myself.

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/