Re: swish- indexing deletion

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Thu May 12 2005 - 18:16:01 GMT
On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 10:49 -0700, John Paige wrote:
> Does anyone know for sure when incremental indexing will be stable -
> out of experimental phase?

Bear in mind that we tend to consider a feature stable when people stop
reporting bugs on it.  It's the old chicken and egg situation.  If no
one is using a feature then no one reports bugs on it.  And if there are
no bugs then no one reports bugs.  If no one reports bugs we may
eventually stop calling it experimental even if it is completely and
totally broken.  So, my advice is to test it yourself and let us know if
it works.  ;-)  It works properly as far as anyone who has used it
knows.

> Peter mentioned that it should be in the next release, is so when will
> be the next release planned?

Well, it's in the current release if you enable it.  2.4.4 will document
it and should be released very, very soon.

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/