Re: lucene/plucene/clucene

From: Keith Ivey <keith(at)not-real.smokefreedc.org>
Date: Mon May 09 2005 - 19:06:00 GMT
David L Norris wrote:

> Swish-e supports large files on UNIX systems that support large files.
> That would include Linux, MacOS X, the BSDs, most commercial UNIX
> systems, etc.  As far as I know it works just fine.  You can enable it
> like this:
>   ./configure CPPFLAGS="-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64"

Are you talking about large index files, or indexing large files?  The
references to "source" and "offset" make it seem like these options address the
latter, but maybe I'm misunderstanding something.

I don't care about indexing individual files larger than a couple of megabytes,
but I have run into a 2 GB limit on the size of the index file.  Still, I might
be better off keeping my indexes split up into less-than-2GB parts anyway, since
I fear that larger index files lead to larger memory use during searching.

--
Keith Ivey <keith@smokefreedc.org>
Smokefree DC