Re: lucene/plucene/clucene

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Mon May 09 2005 - 18:52:54 GMT
On Mon, 2005-05-09 at 11:00 -0700, Mark Maunder wrote:
> Interesting thread. I can't seem to find it in the docs or mail archive,
> but I'm sure swish suffered/suffers from a 2 gig index file size limit?
> Of so, does lucene suffer from the same?

Swish-e supports large files on UNIX systems that support large files.
That would include Linux, MacOS X, the BSDs, most commercial UNIX
systems, etc.  As far as I know it works just fine.  You can enable it
like this:
  ./configure CPPFLAGS="-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64"

Swish-e on Windows is currently limited to 2 GB files.  It is fixable
and I've done most of the work to fix it.  But there's still an issue.
I've just not had the time or motivation to debug the last issue.  It
takes a long time to run each test and my only Windows system is a
VMWare guest on my primary workstation.

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/