Re: Integrating SWISH-E with PHP

From: Tacelosky, Michael <tac(at)not-real.cheztac.com>
Date: Thu May 05 2005 - 13:11:22 GMT
We use a perl cgi script to execute the swish-e search and send back the
results in an xml blob, which PHP parses.  I don't think swish_php is
ready for prime time yet, as it's not a simple "download the dll/so and
enable it in php.ini".  Perhaps there are binaries available, but I
can't see them on sourceforge or anywhere else.

PHP|Architect had a good article about writing modules about a year ago,
but you have to be a good C programmer.  I've contacted Wez, the
programmer that wrote the article, about what it would take to write a
module and get in it pecl, so that binaries were avialable more easily
for PHP programmers, especially those on Windows.

This also looks interesting: http://sourceforge.net/projects/searchm/,
but isn't the solution you're looking for.

Tac