Re: Swish-e

From: Roman Chyla <chyla(at)not-real.knihovnabbb.cz>
Date: Tue Apr 26 2005 - 10:42:17 GMT
hi all again,

I just checked the newest version of buildswishe.pl to be sure, that one
can compile even the old swish-e (changelog says >= 2.4.3). The ones I
tried were 2.2.3 and 2.5.2

many thanks to Peter Karman for his wonderful buildswishe.pl, below are
some tweaks I had to do, hope that helps

roman

think, there is little error in function test_for_prior_zlib. The
function does return (something) when there should return 0

when it is rewritten (copied from test_for_prior_libxml :) as
sub test_for_prior_zlib
{
     return undef if $opts->{force};

     print "testing for already-installed zlib... ";

     my $err = test_c_prog( $zlib_test, '-lz', $ld_opts );

     return get_ld_path('libz', '', \$zlibdir) unless $err;

     return 0;    # 0 indicates failure
}

everything seems fine, the only error I get for swish-e (2.2.3 only)  was:

running make... entities.c: In function `charEntityDecode':
entities.c:668: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break
strict-aliasing rules
entities.c:671: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break
strict-aliasing rules
running make test ...

building API - seems to me, that script is waiting for my answers (and I
can't see questions)

when I changed swish_api()
     my $cmd = $swishdir =~ m/2\.4\.[12]/
       ? "$^X Makefile.PL $arg"
       : "$^X Makefile.PL $arg $output";
     my $cmd = $swishdir =~ m/2\.4\.[12]/
       ? "$^X Makefile.PL $arg"
       : "$^X Makefile.PL $arg";

I saw questions (please note, that the variable for noninteractive build
was set even in previous attempts)

be sure to specify perllib - in my case, the script hanged on trying to
write into /usr/doc/perl... (didn't have rights to do so) buildswishe
could probably check whether perllib is writable?

last and least
fetching xpdf failed, wrong url - http://docs.cray.com/src/xpdf-3.01.tar.gz

again, thanks a lot
roman