Swish-e

From: Maria Vagianos <mvagianoslib(at)not-real.gmail.com>
Date: Fri Apr 22 2005 - 19:10:38 GMT
Hi all,

I've been researching ways to index and access all the files on our
organization's computer, and I'm intrigued with Swish-e and its
capabilities.

We have a lot of data (~1.2 million files) stored on our shared
computer drives.  Basically, we'd like to be able to provide our staff
the means to search and retrieve the files they need as easily as
possible.

The problem is: we have so much data stored all over these drives that
it is very hard for us to find what we need easily.

At the moment, we use the ISYS database to retrieve our information.

I appreciate your help!

Maria