Swish-e max db size vs. Google App

From: Thomas Dowling <tdowling(at)not-real.ohiolink.edu>
Date: Fri Apr 22 2005 - 17:44:23 GMT
Greetings--

I'm working with some staff members here who are interested in what we
could do with a Google Appliance.  My gut reaction is, "Not much that we
couldn't do with a beefy Linux box and Swish-e", natch.  But I find that
I don't really have a sense of Swish-e's upper limits in terms of the
number of documents or size/number of indexes it can work with.

The home page says, "Swish-e is ideally suited for collections of a
million documents or smaller."  I've seen posts on the list about 2GB+
indexes of ~6 million documents under 2.5.x, along with a comment from
Bill that that was pushing the envelope.  Does that reflect reasonable
upper limits for current and forthcoming versions repectively?  Am I
overlooking something obvious in the documentation?

--
Thomas Dowling
"Either way, my 130k thesis records are small beer."  :-)