Re: search in xml files.

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Sat Apr 16 2005 - 17:42:56 GMT
On Sat, Apr 16, 2005 at 10:07:31AM -0700, dasoso@alumni.uv.es wrote:
> > Do you have swish installed?  You can often use the "-T indexed_words"
> > to get answers to your questions.

>    Ok Bill, but I was talking about .xml files. -w Tom works perfectly
> with html files but doesn't return de xml files where appears the word.

I was talking about XML files, too.

> 1.xml
> ::::::::::::::
>
> <book>
>    <title> Tomy Sawyer </title>
> </book>

> ::::::::::::::
> 2.xml
> ::::::::::::::
> <person>
>     <name> Tomy Smith </name>
> </person>
>

> swish-e-2.4.3> swish-e -w Sawyer
> # SWISH format: 2.4.3
> # Search words: Sawyer
> # Removed stopwords:
> # Number of hits: 1
> # Search time: 0.002 seconds
> # Run time: 0.025 seconds
> 1000 /home/.../1.html "1.html" 41
>
>     Only returns the html files where appears Sawyer, I would like to
> know the xml that have the word Sawyer. I know I can do it with -T
> index_words_full, but only for one word.

That's not what I said.  I said use -T indexed_words -- you do that
when indexing.

   swish-e -i 1.xml 2.xml -T indexed_words

If you can't search for what you think you can search for then you
use -T indexed_words to make sure you are actually indexing what you
think you are indexing.

It's like car keys.  If you can't find them, then you only need to
learn where you put them to know how to find them.