Re: Swish and MacOS-X 10.3

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Fri Apr 15 2005 - 13:50:10 GMT
I do most of my swish-e work on OS X. Devel and otherwise. It's a great platform
to work on. But then, so is Linux.

xpdf compiles just fine. so does swish-e 2.4.3 (the latest). You must have the
dev tools from Apple installed, of course.

I don't index much besides xml and html and txt. In general, I find that any app
that can compile on Linux will compile on OS X; in the last couple years, lots
of active GNU/etc. projects have made the necessary patches to makefiles, etc.,
to support the idiosyncracies of OS X.

Dave mentioned fink as a good pre-compiled package manager; I've been using
'port' lately (BSD-derived, iirc) and that works nicely too (I find the cmd line
interface easier than fink was, which is based on apt-get, iirc -- debian users
please ignore my ignorance...).

pek

Thomas Nyman scribbled on 4/14/05 12:48 PM: