Re: Swish and MacOS-X 10.3

From: David L Norris <dave(at)>
Date: Thu Apr 14 2005 - 18:36:30 GMT
On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 10:48 -0700, Thomas Nyman wrote:
>  From what i can see it appears that swish-e may compile on my mac, but
> what about catdoc and xpdf? Does one need catdoc on a mac or is there
> another tool to use?

You can use "wv2" from fink to parse MS Word documents.  xpdf is also in

wv is a more complete MS Word parser than catdoc.  And it supports
converting to formats like RTF or HTML.  But a few people have reported
it doesn't always work on their documents.

> I'd appreciate any feedback from someone who's running swish-e on
> MacOS-X and indexes word documents as well as other file types.

I don't use MacOS X.  So hopefully someone who does use MacOS X will

 David Norris
  ICQ - 412039