Re: 2.4.3 Refuses to Index Virtual Host

From: fh oregon <linux(at)>
Date: Sat Apr 09 2005 - 14:30:25 GMT
I'll mull over the documentation (again) just in case - always a good
idea.  Who knows?  Maybe there's a nugget in there for me.

As for your second point, I'm not any kind of company - just a guy with
a fairly large personal web site who (as a hobby) hosts some email lists
and web sites for a car club and a food club.  Since the root of
""  ("/CARS") is contained within the "" tree, I
would expect that it would be indexed on the same pass.  It would be
interesting to understand just how swish-e traverses the website tree -
in looking at the log file, it appears to be jumping around and not
following the directory structure as I would expect.  Kinda makes me go

Thanks for your input . . .

Bill Moseley wrote:

>On Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 06:07:35PM -0700, fh oregon wrote:
>>Yes , I've tried that - same results.
>There's some documentation that comes with the spider.  It's also
>online at  Try reading the docs once again and
>then look at the debugging options.  My guess is that will be more
>productive than having us guess.
>Of course, Peter probably already gave you the correct answer.  If
>you tell the spider to index "" (you are an email hosting
>company??) they why would you expect it to index anything besides

Frank Hunt
Confused Linux Admin