spider test_url issue

From: Bill Conlon <bill(at)not-real.tothept.com>
Date: Sat Apr 09 2005 - 01:09:14 GMT
Ok, this has got to be a perl version issue, but maybe it's obvious,
and will come to me as soon as I press send.

I've got two servers, with identical applications and databases (I've
mirrored them to make sure).

Production server --  Redhat 9, perl 5.8.0 -- works fine
Development server -- Fedora core 3, perl  5.8.5 -- worked on Fecora
core 1, perl 5.8.3, but now doesn't.

Here's the matrix of test results.  Spidering is the system on which I
run the spider.  Spidered is the system on which the application and
database resides.

Spidering      Spidered   Status
=========      ========   ======

Production	Production   ok
Production	Production   ok
Development	Production   no good
Development	Development  no good

The swish-e related scripts and config files were copied from
Production to development.  The only change was the base url, so the
development server would get spidered.

I've narrowed the problem down to my test_url callback, meant to
exclude a link:
/login.taf?_function=logout:

         test_url    => sub { $_[0]->path !~ /\logout?$/ }

The callback works on production, but not on dev. Debug shows the
spider following the logout link, removing authentication cookies.  A
few few more links are attempted, but fail because the spider is now
presenting empty cookies.

I've tried several other patterns, without success:
         test_url    => sub { $_[0]->path !~ m/logout/ }

I've verified that there are no other test_url subroutines lurking.

swish-e version 2.4.3  (also tried unsuccessfully yesterday's current).

thx