2.4.3 Refuses to Index Virtual Host

From: fh oregon <linux(at)>
Date: Fri Apr 08 2005 - 23:32:27 GMT
Hi -
Indexing refuses to traverse and index the directories associated with
the second web site in a virtual host environment.  Site contains a
total of 5233 pages, 1322 of which are in the virtual site tree.

Ver: SWISH-E 2.4.3
RH_Linux: 9.0
Apache: 2.0.40

Web site uses virtual hosting to cover:
Personal: and
Car Club: is the primary site.  The car club URL points to a directory
tree in the main site's root:

/web/httpd/htdocs = root of
/web/httpd/htdocs/CARS = root of

ALMOST NOTHING in the /CARS tree is indexed (like 5 out of 1333 pages)

More Details - - - -

   SwishProgParameters default
   Metanames swishtitle swishdocpath
   StoreDescription TXT* 10000
   StoreDescription HTML* <body> 10000
   IndexFile ./
   IndexReport 2

Indexing Command:
   /usr/local/bin/swish-e -S prog -c /web/httpd/conf/web_index/swish.conf

I have eliminated indexing of all other directories via robots.txt -
/CARS is the only one that is not "Disallowed" yet still no indexing.

I am a newbie to swish-e, so there is probably something I am not
looking at (I hope).
Could this be an Apache config problem?  Phase of the moon?  Bad luck?

Any ideas????

Frank Hunt
Confused Linux Admin