From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)>
Date: Thu Apr 07 2005 - 19:01:13 GMT
On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 11:48:12AM -0700, wrote:
> PS: I always log as a root, I don't know if it can change any behavior.

Very, very bad idea.  Don't do that.

> r module SWISH::API: cannot open shared object file: No
> such file or direc
> tory at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi/ line
> 230.

Either you didn't install swish-e (which also installs the libswish-e
library) or your system isn't configure to look in the right place for
libswish-e.  Red Hat systems often do not look in /usr/local/lib by
default so you need to update /etc/ and rerun ldconfig (one
time when you want to run as root).

Check the list archives, too.  This has been discussed before.

Help with Swish-e: