Indexing not working (rename .temp)

From: S C <synapsebeta(at)>
Date: Sat Apr 02 2005 - 08:04:56 GMT

I'm using swish-e for over a year now with so far good
results, but recently we have moved our server to a
new location.

We have a long list of websites (over 1000) to index
and the program creates the Spider conf files

swish-e version :: 2.2.3

But after running the command to index the same, index
and prop files are not being created. However, the
corresponding .temp files (rose_1.index.temp,
rose_6.index.temp) are being created but are not being
renamed after completion. The Debug info also doesn't
indicate any error/problem.

On renaming these manually to rose_1.index &
rose_6.index , and trying a merge, it gives gives an

Command ::
/var/www/html/swishe/swish-e-2.2.3/src/swish-e -M
rose_1.index rose_6.index

Error ::
err: Severe index error in header

Following is the conf file used for indexing

<<< rose_1.conf>>>
IndexDir                ./
IndexFile               ./rose_1.index
SwishProgParameters     rose_spider_1.conf
DefaultContents         HTML2
IndexContents           TXT2 txt
StoreDescription HTML2 <body>
StoreDescription TXT2 1000
IndexComments           no
FuzzyIndexingMode       Stemming
HTMLLinksMetaName       swishdefault
IgnoreWords File:       ./english.txt
TranslateCharacters     :ascii7:
FileFilter .doc         catdoc "-s8859-1 -d8859-1
FileFilter .pdf         pdftotext   "'%p' -"

Basically the issue is with the individual index files
not being generated correctly.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Do You Yahoo!?