Re: memory problems

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Sat Mar 19 2005 - 16:11:48 GMT
On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 04:03:25PM -0800, Thomas Angst wrote:
> after I followed the advice of Bill Mosley and I use an external Program
> to walk thru the files, the memory usage of swish-e is exploding. It
> seems swish-e stores the whole output of  the tracer program until the
> memory and swapfile is full and then swish-e collapse sometimes it takes
> slapd with in the grave. What can I do to fix that problem? Here are my
> testfiles:

I checked in a fix.  Again, use TXT2 instead.  Just as fast when
indexing nothing.

If you are trying to index just the path names you will need to set
the No-Contents: 1 header, otherwise swish will assume the document
is empty and bypass it.  Or use the locate utility, as was suggested.

BTW -- thank you for providing a complete test case.  Makes it so
much easier to debug.